When we last checked in with the Ultra-Pool, some of you said you couldn't read my text boxes. This makes me very sad, and it also makes me wonder which browser you are using, because it totally looked fine in Firefox. May I suggest Firefox? But today, alas, it was 72 degrees and raining in Kansas City (which sometimes doesn't stop the young and beautiful), but also? I forgot my camera.
I went to lunch with The Editor Across the Aisle and another editor at my workplace whom I am swiftly growing to love but for whom I do not have a handle. Perhaps I will have to find out her porn name. Anyway, we were sitting at a Thai restaurant slurping good food when I mentioned my need for an Ultra-Pool post. No sooner were the words, "What else could you do with your $1,000 Ultra-Pool membership fee?" out of my mouth, The Editor Across the Aisle began. "Collagen," she said.
Somehow, we got off on other topics, which I really can't understand. So let's make a list, shall we?
Things Young and Beautiful Kansas Citians Could Do with Their $1,000 Ultra-Pool Membership Fee: Part the First
- Ikea furniture and a hex wrench
- Three sessions of Botox
- Laser hair removal
- Two seasons' worth of make-up at MAC
- 10 autographed photos of Pete Wentz
- A summer's worth of nail tips
- Two trips to see the Chiefs this fall, even though they suck
- Many, many useless Missouri or Kansas lottery tickets
- Four hogs
- 100 copies of Sleep Is for the Weak to give their knocked-up friends
- 9 months of Slim For Life
- 10 sessions of teeth whitening
- Enough hooker shoes to go to the Power & Light district three times
- Cash for Clunkers