Hello again! I missed you! I have another micro poetry collection that will be out on Friday. It's cheery! It's about war. I'll put it with the others on Kindle. In the meantime, here's my BlogHer round-up. I will attempt to put up some photos of the high points tonight, and then I promise I'll go back to the Ultra-Pool.
- Made a bunch of new friends at the BlogHerHumor session -- and they wanted to talk about writing! as in not content, writing! Meter! Word choice! I almost peed myself. Really. I did. I felt more comfortable in that group than I have ever felt in any other group at BlogHer.
- Got time with almost all the people I desperately wanted to see, and some more than once. You know who you are.
- Felt really good about my session on balance. Felt, dare I say it? Balanced. You may now vomit.
- No hangovers. At all. I have finally learned to pace myself, just in time to fall asleep in my glowball headband shortly after midnight.
- Got a fabulous photo of the cake at Sparklecorn because they sliced into its haunches and I freaked out at the skin-like quality of fondant.
- Blondie -- crowd-hating, heights-hating Blondie -- rode the ferris wheel at Navy Pier by herself.
- The first annual Crawdad Reunion pulled together successfully. Welcome, Elisa.
- Not once did I feel I wasn't interesting enough, pretty enough, smart enough or funny enough. Not once did I feel that way about anyone else, either. I must be evolving or maturing or maybe just drinking less.
- When the bookseller told me they'd way over-ordered Sleep Is for the Weak and then only sold 10 copies as of Saturday morning because she *thought* it was really popular, I didn't punch her in the face. And when she said, "That's okay, though, we'll just send them back," I managed to politely smile as I thought, "Never say that to an author. THAT BELONGS IN YOUR INNER MONOLOGUE."
- I didn't attend one session in which I heard the term "monetization." Because, you know? It's still not actually a word.
Least Proud Moments:
- It only took two hours for me to step in a crater on the way to the liquor store with Average Jane and go from chatting pleasantly to flat on my back on the cement. And I was not drunk, just clumsy.
- Didn't stick with Sleep Is for the Weak signing because a) none of the contributors could find it b) none of the readers could find it c) I couldn't hear the karoake properly. If you bought a book and want signatures, e-mail me -- we'll figure it out. If you've never bought the book, Judas Priest, what are you waiting for?
- Was frequently late for morning things because I love to sleep. I wasn't out late. I just love to sleep.
- Never saw Eden Kennedy for more than two seconds. Sob.
- MamaPop apparently hates Gwyneth Paltrow.
- No matter how often I said, "When are you going to bring back the Festiva?" nobody at Ford would acknowledge that fine automobile. (Although they did give a nice tour -- I'll be doing a round-up on my review blog later.)
- I'm positive I now hate hard alcohol. I tried two sips of a margarita and decided it's me and wine, together forever. Anything else is too hard to pace and it tastes like sweetened rubber dog shit.
Writing about schooling your kids in the summertime on BlogHer today.